Ipswitch MessageWayEasy and Affordable B2B Integration
Small and large organizations alike are looking for cost-effective ways to collaborate and exchange critical business files, increase order-to-cash cycles, and extend the value of supply chains. The challenge is finding a flexible, scalable solution that will modernize your company's IT environment, enhance its value, strengthen your partner network, and provide a quick ROI.
MessageWay is a Business to Business Integration (B2Bi) and Managed File Transfer (MFT) platform that lets companies quickly implement secure data processing transmissions and transformation services into their file transfer operations using industry standard SOA interfaces.
The average B2B integration solution is expensive, complicated, and often requires a team of high-priced consultants. MessageWay is anything but average; a high-performance file transfer and integration solution that’s affordable, easy-to-maintain, and integrates seamlessly with your organization’s existing infrastructure.
Designed for mid-market companies and large enterprise departments, MessageWay offers a wide range of features and benefits, including:
- High-performance file transfer and integration: MessageWay puts you in complete control over file transferring and processing. With clustering, load balancing, and disaster recovery, MessageWay can also help you eliminate bottlenecks by enabling you to direct actionable files to specific business applications precisely when they’re needed.
- Immediate visibility and control: With MessageWay, you can coordinate and monitor all file transfers in real-time across multiple servers and domains. The software comes with “one-click” file lifecycle reporting that provides centralized visibility into the full file transfer history, making it easy to meet regulatory and audit requirements such as SOX, HIPAA, and PCI-DSS.
- Streamline critical business interactions: MessageWay makes it easy for businesses to create automated, content-driven workflows and to control the unique processing requirements of every file exchanged with partners, including provisioning, routing, scheduling and versioning (with version rollback). You can also get real-time alerts to improve supply chain efficiency.
- Seamless B2B integration: Leverage MessageWay without abandoning your existing communication protocols, formats, scripts, process flows, or custom programs. The solution easily integrates into existing directory, messaging and security infrastructures, and offers several APIs that provide programmatic access to all MessageWay services.
- Transformation of files and messages: MessageWay prepares data for destination-ready file delivery, flexibly translating data between common file formats and eliminating the need for intermediate formats. As a result, organizations can integrate B2B files in real time between enterprise systems and partner communities.
- Easy to deploy, integrate and upgrade: MessageWay eliminates the costs and hassles of hiring third-party consultants by making it easy for DevOps or other in-house specialists to deploy, integrate and upgrade the software. As with all Ipswitch products, training materials and telephone/email support are available 24/7.
Hundreds of mid-market companies and enterprises rely on MessageWay for high-performance file transfer and integration. Here’s a detailed overview of MessageWay’s key features and functionality:
Centralized, high performance file transfer
- Centralized location for all file transfer and processing jobs
- Handles up to hundreds of thousands of transfers per day
- Non-repudiation and guaranteed delivery
- Support for clustering and load balancing
- High availability for resiliency and failover
- Multi-tiered architecture deployment: no data in the DMZ
Immediate visibility and control
- Browser client to securely view and manage all file transfers
- Server logs of all file transfer activity
- Notifications of server events and completed transfers
- Receipt notifications for late or missing messages
- Automatic archiving of all data and files
- Access to archive data for auditing and reporting
- Ability to roll-back files and messages to previous versions
- Automatic retention and process replay
- Advanced analysis, reporting, and trending
- Alerts based on user defined criteria including those supporting SLA metrics
- Life-cycle tracking including views to subsequent applications/processes
- Self-service access to reports for partners
- Define and orchestrate workflows and scheduling of file-related processes
- Establish rules for alerts and notifications
- Integrate existing process flows
Integration with existing infrastructure
- Use existing communication protocols, formats, scripts, process flows and custom programs
- SOAP and REST based Web Services APIs
- IBM WebSphere MQ and IBM Sterling Connect:Direct adapters
- Platform support includes UNIX, Linux, and Windows
- Virtualized platform support
- Syslog integration
Transformation of files and messages
- Data transformation for destination-ready file delivery (flat files, XML, X12, EDI, AS2, ERP, SWIFT, ACH, HL7, BA12, and proprietary)
- Transfer files using any supported protocols and messaging infrastructure: FTP, FTP/SSL, SSH/SFTP/SCP, HTTP/HTTPS, AS2, SMTP/POP3, IBM Sterling Connect:Direct, and IBM MQ
- Integration with existing middleware and business applications, such as IBM, Oracle, SAP, TIBCO
File and message security
- Tectia-ready offering support for FIPS 140-2
- Encryption & protocol rules (FTPS, SFTP/SCP, and HTTP/S)
- Storage encryption
- Hardened server settings and OS independent security
- Antivirus integration
- File integrity checking
- User and group provisioning, access and permissions
- Password policies, including auto-expiration for users
- Rules for IP and user lock-out and blacklisting/whitelisting
- Expiration rules for files and folders on server
- Simultaneous authentication against internal and external databases
Accelerate Time to Revenue
Eliminating manual processes and adopting electronic processing capabilities naturally accelerates the speed with which an enterprise can handle orders, payments, and settlements. MessageWay's rapid provisioning capability quickly adds new customers and suppliers to the network, allowing your organization to scale the system as the trading community grows.
Ensure Superior SLA Performance
Managing SLA agreements can be complex and subjective when the necessary performance data is not availalable. MessageWay alleviates these issues by automating the business process flow outlined in an SLA agreement, enabling the enterprise to meet and exceed defined performance standards. In addition, MessageWay identifies late or missing file transmissions and alerts partners in advance of potential financial consequences.
Improve Customer Responsiveness
MessageWay's unique design delivers optimal flexibility and supports the introduction of new services to customers, suppliers, and partners. It provides instant visibility to file exchange information for quick response to customer inquiries.
Ensure Compliance and Accountability
MessageWay is equipped with "one-click" tracking that displays comprehensive file history and supports regulatory and audit requirements in real time. This unique capability allows retrieval of all parent-child related messages in the B2B process flow, documenting every file state change to ensure that your business meets regulatory requirements, such as Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, and other federal mandates.
Design and Implementation
The MessageWay solution for AFS installs quickly, configures easily, and is rapidly assimilated by internal staff. Often, however, staff availability is not aligned with critical timing requirements for implementing a new solution. Experienced Ipswitch staff will employ best practices to ensure that your MessageWay implementation is designed to accommodate current and anticipated file exchange volumes, system availability requirements and conforms to the most stringent security policies, and will provide implementation services to deploy it.
Map and Script Development
The enterprise file exchange process is not complete until your files are delivered to the ultimate destination in the proper formats. That involves invoking key business processes to validate and reformat files for processing. Often these process flows involve loosely-coupled scripts and custom programs, limiting end-to-end visibility and increasing the risk of data loss.
Leveraging current processes greatly reduces risk and cost of migration, shortens time to production, and accelerates return-on-investment. Ipswitch will analyze your back-room processing, design, and implement architecture maps, scripts, and other automation that integrates existing process flows into your tailored MessageWay solution.
Once implemented, an EDI product can remain lodged in enterprise infrastructure well past its effective date. Organic growth or M&A activity can result in growing transaction volumes and increasingly demanding service level agreements. In turn, that can render legacy solutions ineffective in dealing with new production realities.
The MessageWay Server Translator module enables rapid conversion of legacy EDI solutions. With comprehensive “any-to-any” translation, Translator accommodates long-standing EDI relationships and also equips you to deal with requests to exchange in proprietary or ERP formats. Ipswitch’s warranted EDI migration service has successfully executed complex enterprise EDI conversions to Translator from a number of other translation software packages. Ipswitch can employ the same library of automated tools and a proven methodology to ensure on-time, on-budget completion of your project too.
New EDI Implementation
When opportunities arise for enabling a new application for EDI, it’s important to know that your solution provider has the depth of experience to ensure that you meet your customers’ expectations for implementation.
Ipswitch’s experienced professional services team provides the right level of support for your EDI implementation project. Whether it’s supplemental map development, implementation guide development, partner testing, application integration testing, or complete end-to-end implementation, Ipswitch has the experience to get the job done.
Consolidation and Control of Enterprise File Exchange:
FTP servers and proprietary file movement clients often times proliferate below the radar. Today these environments represent security and operational risks to the business with compliance violations resulting from data residing in the DMZ, unsecure pockets of data throughout the internal network and a lack of unified access control and auditing. Operationally, these environments have multiple points of failure, do not scale, are difficult to support and are nearly impossible to implement in a highly available architecture. With increasing security regulations, rising costs in application support and maintenance and legacy applications/ hardware being retired, now is the time to take complete control over your B2B and MFT operations.
MessageWay mitigates these risks by migrating these processes in-whole or in-part into a single secure, scalable and reliable solution with visibility into all file processing while preserving required custom applications and processes.
With MessageWay in your environment both your internal and external file transfer customers will experience an enhanced level of security, availability, performance and consistency in their file exchange services.
From provisioning and scheduling to routing and tracking all message activity, MessageWay Manager provides centralized control over all electronic file movement. With configurable notifications and alerts, your organization benefits from real-time control and visibility of operations at any moment in time. MessageWay Manager provides easy-to-use tools that enable you to establish intelligent workflow and control the unique processing requirements of every file exchange with trading partners.
- Intelligent workflow, scheduling, and exception management
- Complete visibility and auditability of all file exchange
- Full accountability for all file movement history
- Regulatory and security policy compliance
MessageWay Integrator enables you to modernize your existing application environment with secure MFT and B2B capabilities.
MessageWay Integrator employs industry standard (SOAP/REST) web services interfaces that provide lightweight access to core MessageWay services and data repositories from your SOA enabled application environment.
Additional integration adapters and servers provide capabilities for loosely coupling custom processes via command line or scripts for rapid migration and deployment. Extended support into legacy protocols like Connect:Direct is also available.
- Reduce MFT implementation time and cost
- Provide secure B2B/MFT services to SOA applications
- Preservation of custom programs and processes
- Expanded visibility of enterprise file transfers operations
- Support into legacy protocols like Connect:Direct
- Set new benchmark standards for SLA performance
MessageWay Transport provides you with highly scalable and secure client & server communications that enable you to exchange files in complete confidence – on both sides of the firewall. With MessageWay's diskless perimeter servers, "data at rest" issues in nonsecured areas of your network (e.g. DMZ) are eliminated with secure streaming.
Whether receiving files from your trading partners or 'pushing' files to them, data is securely streamed through your DMZ without the need to store data even temporarily in less secured zones of your multi-tiered network.
MessageWay Transport's architecture has been accepted in organizations with even the most stringent network security policies in place.
- Establish full coverage over enterprise file exchange
- Comply with regulatory and audit requirements
- Maximize communications server utilization compliance
MessageWay Translator – Optional Module
The MessageWay Translator is available as an optional module and provides high-performance data translation services using predefined data transformation maps to translate files types such as flat files, XML, X12, EDI, AS2, ERP, SWIFT, ACH, HL7, proprietary, and BAI2.
The MessageWay Translator is used by global enterprises for validating and reformatting high volume, highly complex files and delivering unrivaled endto- end performance. It provides single-pass, "any-to-any" translation that eliminates the need for intermediate file formats.
Download the Ipswitch MessageWay Datasheet (PDF)