Ipswitch MOVEit CloudThe First Enterprise-class Cloud Managed File Transfer Service
More and more business critical information moves electronically between employees, customers, partners, and applications. IT professionals need solutions that move files efficiently, securely, and reliably to get work done. Managing infrastructure for business processes means IT teams face challenges around file transfer automation and integration whether it includes people, systems, or applications. Additionally, IT needs to ensure systems meet both governance and compliance requirements and must be able to prove compliance with ever changing business processes, corporate policies and government regulations. Finally, end users need solutions that let them easily transfer files, in accordance with IT policy, and without constraints or file size limits.
MOVEit Cloud offers the best of both worlds – the full functionality of MOVEit™ with the convenience of cloud-based deployment.
- Enterprise-class cloud managed file transfer service
- Gain all the benefits of the cloud – reliability, elasticity, and rapid deployment
- Trusted by even the most data-sensitive industries
A faster, more reliable way to manage all file transfer activity from a central hub, MOVEit Cloud’s key attributes include:
- Professionally managed by experts: Eliminate the time spent on managing your system including version updates or timely migrations and get peace of mind knowing you are running the most up-to-date software.
- Best in Class Security: Stay current on the latest security updates and layers of defense including (FIPS crypto, access control, integrity checking, PEN testing and more).
- Lower, more predictable costs: Reduce IT operational costs usually associated with on site hardware, software maintenance, and support. Match your costs to actual usage so you don’t spend more than necessary.
- Reliability, elasticity, and rapid deployment: Quickly satisfy peaks in demand with rapid deployment and increased elasticity. MOVEit Cloud guarantees 99.9% uptime with high availability. And as a cloud-based solution, the product and features are always up-to-date.
- Trusted by the most data-sensitive industries: MOVEit Cloud is delivered by Ipswitch, an industry-leader in the file transfer space for decades. Customers from healthcare, finance, and other data sensitive industries rely on Ipswitch’s proven expertise and 24/7 support.
MOVEit System Products Available in the Cloud
Ipswitch currently offers cloud-based deployment options for MOVEit File Transfer Server and MOVEit Ad Hoc Transfer.
MOVEit™ Cloud: Managed File Transfer Just Got Better
MOVEit Cloud overcomes these challenges by delivering on both business user and IT requirements while offering compliant file transfer as a managed service to stay on top of industry requirements and statutes. Employees can easily share files and messages with other people and groups, while IT professionals can confidently administer and automate the exchange of files between systems and people. MOVEit Cloud takes care of the day to day operational compliance of a managed file transfer solution. Not only does MOVEit Cloud provide flexibility, predictability and scalability; but it helps you achieve results that matter most: increased employee productivity, a guaranteed service level (SLA), and reduced data risk by increasing visibility, control and security. MOVEit Cloud drastically reduces the scope of compliance audits with Ipswitch's expert-managed, common security framework.
- HIPAA compliance: Support HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) standards with an easier and faster way to achieve and maintain HIPAA compliance for file transfer processes.
- PCI Certified: Companies that store, process or transmit sensitive cardholder data can incorporate Ipswitch's PCI Report on Compliance (RoC) for the MOVEit Cloud service in their third party compliance assessments.
- Professionally Managed by Experts: Eliminate the time spent on managing your system and timely migrations.
- Best-in-Class Security: Stay current on the latest security updates and layers of defense including (FIPS crypto, access control, integrity checking, PEN testing and more).
- Lower, Predictable Costs: Reduce IT operational costs usually associated with on site hardware, software maintenance, and support. Match your costs to actual usage so you don't spend more than necessary.
- Reliability, Elasticity, and Rapid Deployment: Quickly satisfy peaks in demand with rapid deployment and increased elasticity. MOVEit Cloud guarantees 99.9% uptime with high availability.
- Trusted by the most data-sensitive industries: MOVEit Cloud is delivered by Ipswitch, an industry-leader in the file transfer space for decades. Customers from healthcare, finance, and other data sensitive industries rely on Ipswitch's proven expertise and 24/7 support.
Security You Can Trust
In an era of high-visibility security violations, MOVEit Cloud leads the industry in security and integrity. MOVEit Cloud protects your most valuable asset – your data – by incorporating essential security measures for cloud services such as end-to-end encryption including storage encryption ("data-at-rest"); non-repudiation; FIPS 140-2 validated cryptography; intrusion detection and vulnerability scans; full control over user access and permissions; separation of administrator duties; audit trails of all activities; separate encryption keys for each customer and each file; and only users you authorize have access to the contents of your files. MOVEit Cloud is the first managed file transfer (MFT) service provider to fully support HIPAA, HITECH and HIPAA Omnibus standards, PCI DSS certification, Common Criteria certification and OWASP Top Ten list of security vulnerabilities. As a result, your security, compliance, and risk professionals can easily and consistently implement and enforce corporate IT policies.
Predictability You Can Count On
Today's organizations need maximum uptime to meet SLAs, ensure mission-critical transfers don't fail, provide superior customer service, and deliver "always-on" access to MFT solutions. MOVEit Cloud provides all of this and more with a 99.9% uptime SLA (outside of scheduled maintenance). MOVEit Cloud incorporates business continuity and disaster recovery assurances and leverages a highly available load-balanced web-farm environment to minimize downtime and prevent data loss, even in the event of a major unplanned service failure or disaster. MOVEit Cloud is hosted in a geographically dispersed server infrastructure complete with continuous datacenter replication to ensure that strict uptime and SLAs are met.
Automate File Transfer Processes
MOVEit Cloud is designed to work with Ipswitch's MOVEit Central solution, enabling organizations to easily automate the exchange of files between the various internal and business partner servers, systems and applications that supply and process those files.
Datacenter and Managed Operations
- Hosted in the US by Rackspace, a recognized leader in cloud infrastructure
- SSAE 16 Type II SOC 1 report available
- 99.9% network uptime
- Software upgrades managed by US-based Ipswitch cloud operations team
- 24x7x365 active monitoring of the system with automated alerts
Secure System Architecture
- Professional grade security controls, multiple layers of defenses, and FIPS validated cryptography enable compliance with requirements and IT policy
- Hosting staff never have access to the contents of your files
- Multi-tenant software with separate encryption keys for each customer and each file
- 99.9% application uptime SLA (outside of scheduled maintenance)
- Intrusion detection and regular vulnerability scans
- Local high availability provided by load-balanced webfarm with NetApp storage and Microsoft SQL Serv
Offsite Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Continuous replication from primary datacenter to geographically distinct failover datacenter
- Your configuration is backed up every night
- Easy offsite data backup wherever you choose
Reporting, Logging and Retention
- Usage reports on bandwidth and storage
- Billback support tracks usage consumed by user group so you can allocate costs internally
- 30 days of online audit log retention – system setting log archives are available
- Expired audit logs may be automatically archived on the system or downloaded in CSV or XML format
Available on Demand
- Free limited-time evaluation with technical support available
- New subscriptions and upgrades are provisioned in hours
- System resources are elastic, with more capacity for users, files or bandwidth instantly provisioned to customers
- Security and compliance questions are welcomed by our experienced team
In September of 2013, the Final HIPAA Omnibus Rule expanded the definition of Business Associates (BA) affected by HIPAA/HITECH security and privacy rules to include contractors and other businesses interacting with protected health information (PHI). Now Ipswitch's MOVEit Cloud service is compliant with all relevant requirements of the HIPAA, HITECH, and the final HIPAA Omnibus ruling according to an independent third party auditor, Coalfire, Inc,.
Ipswitch can now provide its HIPAA Compliance Toolkit to MOVEit Cloud customers, to help covered entities and businesses associates move files to get work done in a HIPAA-compliant manner.
Reduces the Scope of HIPAA/HITECH Audits
MOVEit Cloud takes significant pressure off your security and compliance teams by drastically reducing the scope of the HIPAA/HITECH audits required for handling electronic protected health information (ePHI). You will not only enjoy a managed cloud environment, but also the benefits of HIPAA compliance, which include:
- Proven, compliant security that supports secure managed file transfer needs and lowers risks, using Ipswitch’s team of security experts.
- Reduced time, and resources needed to achieve and maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Packaged HIPAA Compliant environment that satisfies electronic protected health information (ePHI) related legal obligations in HIPAA/HITECH legislation.
Ipswitch is offering a HIPAA Compliance Toolkit, an annual purchase that includes all the tools customers need to demonstrate MOVEit Cloud’s HIPAA compliance within the scope of their HIPAA assessment, performed by an independent auditor. The Toolkit includes:
- Business Associate Agreement (BAA): Customers can understand Ipswitch’s commitment to its obligations in the BAA, as an exhibit in the standard cloud service agreement Includes breach notification and other statutory HIPAA terms and conditions.
- Assessment Report from 3rd Party Auditor: The report contains the MOVEit Cloud assessment results, as performed by an independent HIPAA Auditor, which can be provided to a customer’s auditor.
- Responsibility Matrix of Controls: The Matrix of Controls is a line-by-line guide for MOVEit Cloud customers intent on demonstrating compliance, which tells them which controls they are responsible for, and which controls MOVEit Cloud is managing for them.
- MOVEit Cloud HIPAA Compliance Report Template: Ipswitch offers a report template that will assess information from the parts of the MOVEit Cloud configuration that the customer controls in terms of compliance.
- Support in working with your 3rd Party Auditor: Ipswitch’s compliance team will provide counsel and support for customers with questions and best practices on demonstrating HIPAA compliance with MOVEit Cloud.
Ipswitch is the first cloud Managed File Transfer (MFT) service provider to gain Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS 2.0) Level 1 certification. Ipswitch's MOVEit Cloud service now meets the 12 rigorous requirements of PCI Compliance as certified by a Qualified Security Assessor.
By handling operational security and compliance tasks MOVEit Cloud takes significant pressure off your own security and compliance teams. You will not only enjoy a managed cloud environment, but also the benefits of PCI certification which include:
- Proven, compliant security that supports secure MFT needs and lowers risks by using Ipswitch’s team of security experts.
- Reduced time and resources needed to achieve and maintain PCI compliance.
- Packaged PCI-Certified Environment that includes documentation, processes and best practices for a streamlined approach to achieving and maintaining PCI compliance.
- Additional terms and conditions for PCI, including breach notification: Customers can understand Ipswitch’s commitment to its MOVEit Cloud PCI certification and rely on notification of relevant incidents as described in the service agreement.
- Executive Summary of Report on Compliance (RoC): The RoC contains the MOVEit Cloud assessment results, as performed by an independent QSA, which can be provided to a customer’s QSA.
- Responsibility of Matrix of Controls: The Matrix of Controls is a line-by-line guide for MOVEit Cloud customers intent on demonstrating compliance, which tells them which controls they are responsible for, and which controls MOVEit Cloud is managing for them.
- MOVEit Cloud Compliance Report Template: Ipswitch offers a report template that will capture information from MOVEit Cloud logs needed to demonstrate compliance.
- Support in working with your Qualified Security Assessor: Ipswitch’s compliance team will provide counsel and support for customers with questions and best practices on demonstrating PCI compliance using MOVEit Cloud.
MOVEit Cloud Secure Email Attachments: The Secure Email Attachment option enables person-to-person file transfer in a visible and well-managed way. It offers users a secure way to quickly send messages and files of unlimited size to other people using their browser or Outlook.
MOVEit Cloud Professional: Users with unique credentials can upload or download files into folders according to per-user or group-based access control (password policy, account expiration policy, folder permissions, and authorized MFT interfaces) as configured by administrators. Secure access is available from Windows desktop, web browsers or mobile devices.
MOVEit Cloud Premium: Users can access features available in both Secure Email Attachments and Professional options.
Modules that work with MOVEit Cloud
PCI Compliance Toolkit: An annual subscription for MOVEit Cloud’s certification as part of an overall PCI assessment by a qualified security assessor (QSA). Required when cardholder data is used.
HIPAA Compliance Toolkit: An annual subscription to support MOVEit Cloud’s certification as part of an overall HIPAA assessment by a qualified HIPAA auditor. Required when PHI is used.
API Interface: Provides third-party programs with programmatic access to a wide variety of MOVEit Cloud services and administrative capabilities to improve web application integration and automated account provisioning.
Download the Ipswitch MOVEit Cloud Datasheet (PDF)