B2B Enterprise Large File Transfer Software
Contact us for Pricing!
Get a Quote
Key Components of MessageWay
- Secure, reliable, highperformance file transfer and integration
- Immediate visibility and control to support regulatory and SLA compliance
- Sophisticated workflows to streamline critical business interactions
- Integration with existing infrastructures – no rip-andreplace required
- Transformation of files and messages
- Option for DIY – deploy, integrate, and upgrade yourself – no need for a busload of consultants
MessageWay complements MOVEit implementations providing support for Linux, Oracle and file transformation capabilities. MessageWay is an affordable B2Bi solution for the mid-market and departments of large enterprises, offering secure, reliable, high-performance file transfer and integration MessageWay provides B2Bi (Business to Business integration) capabilities without the costs associated with complex solutions designed for Global 500 corporations. It provides immediate visibility and control to support regulatory and SLA compliance. Plus, MessageWay integrates with your existing infrastructures – no rip-and-replace required – and offers the option for do-it-yourself deployment, integration, and upgrades.
Meets the Most Stringent Security Controls
Whether receiving files from your trading partners or ‘pushing’ files to them, data is securely streamed through your DMZ without the need to store data even temporarily in less secured zones of your multi-tiered network.
Real-Time Control and Visibility
Get centralized control over provisioning, scheduling, routing and tracking of all message activity. Configurable notifications and alerts provide visibility to operations at any moment in time. Easy-to-use tools enable intelligent workflows and control for unique processing requirements.
SOA Integration, Command Line or Script
SOAP/REST web services interfaces provide lightweight access to core MessageWay services and data repositories. Additionally, you can implement loosely coupled custom processes via command line or scripts for rapid migration and deployment.
Compliance and Accountablility
“One-click” tracking displays a comprehensive file history that supports regulatory and audit requirements in real time. Uniquely, MessageWay supports retrieval of all parent-child related messages and documents file state changes to ensure compliance with regulations such as Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, and others.
Extensive Infrastructure Integration
MessageWay easily integrates with your existing infrastructure providing SOAP and REST based Web Services APIs and adapters for IBM WebSphere MQ and IBM Sterling Connect:Direct. It integrates with existing middleware and business applications such as IBM, Oracle, SAP and TIBCO. Platform support includes UNIX, Linux, and Windows.
Transformation of Files and Messages
Leverage data transformation for destination-ready file delivery (flat files, XML, X12, EDI, AS2, ERP, SWIFT, ACH, HL7, BA12, and proprietary). Transfer files using any supported protocols and messaging infrastructure: FTP, FTP/SSL, SSH/SFTP/SCP, HTTP/HTTPS, AS2, SMTP/POP3, IBM Sterling Connect:Direct, and IBM MQ.
Secure, reliable, high-performance file transfer and integration
MessageWay meets the needs of both the mid-market and departments of large enterprises to reliably and securely deliver even hundreds of thousands of transactions per day. Companies bet their businesses on MessageWay because it is simple to get started, but scales to meet resiliency and real-time transactional demand. To meet today’s SLAs, MessageWay offers clustering, load balancing, high availability and disaster recovery and enables reliable operations via centralized control over all file transfer and processing. The system also makes it possible to direct actionable files to specific business applications precisely when they’re needed to eliminate bottlenecks that can slow delivery.
MessageWay supports a broad range of enterprise security policies from simple to complex, such as enforcing that there will be no data at rest in the DMZ and requiring FIPS 140-2 encryption. The system integrates with standard authentication methods and allows central management of users and groups.
Combining scalability and security with affordability, MessageWay flexibly supports the operations of the world’s largest payment processor as well as the everyday operations of mid-market companies.
Immediate visibility and control to support regulatory and SLA compliance
MessageWay coordinates and monitors all file transfers even across multiple servers and multiple domains in real time, helping organizations meet regulatory and audit requirements such as SOX, HIPAA, and PCI-DSS. The software comes with “one-click” file lifecycle reporting that provides centralized visibility into the full file transfer history.
Sophisticated workflows to streamline critical business interactions
With MessageWay’s easy-to-use tools, business users can create automated, content-driven workflows. That makes it possible to establish intelligent workflows and control the unique processing requirements of every file exchanged with partners. Business users can also centrally control all file and message activity including provisioning, routing, workflow, scheduling, exception management, and versioning (with version rollback). Moreover, they can establish rules for events such as real-time alerts to improve supply chain efficiency.
Integration with existing infrastructure – no rip-and-replace required
Companies can use existing communication protocols, formats, scripts, process flows and custom programs. MessageWay replaces existing EDI or file transfer systems that no longer satisfy cost, security or compliance needs. MessageWay easily integrates into existing enterprises including directory, messaging or security infrastructures.
SOAP and REST APIs offer standards-based integration with enterprise and web applications, cloud services, and ESB middleware. The APIs provide programmatic access to all MessageWay services.
Transformation of files and messages
MessageWay prepares data for destination-ready file delivery, flexibly translating data between common file formats including flat files, XML, X12, EDI, AS2, SWIFT, ACH and proprietary formats. As a result, organizations can integrate B2B files in real time between enterprise systems and partner communities.
Not all translators are created equal. Commodity-class translators that require multiple passes to complete a reformatting can compromise control and auditability. MessageWay provides a single-pass, any-to-any translation that eliminates the need for intermediate file formats.
Option for DIY – deploy, integrate and upgrade yourself – no need for a busload of consultants
MessageWay is a new way to do B2Bi that leaves behind traditional solutions that are expensive, complex and require a busload of consultants. That means in-house integration specialists, or DevOps staff can deploy, integrate and upgrade MessageWay, without hiring third-party consultants – and that saves on costs. Progress training and telephone support are always available for assistance.
Secure, reliable, high performance file transfer
- Handles up to hundreds of thousands of transfers per day
- Centralized location for all file transfer and processing jobs
- Non-repudiation and guaranteed delivery
- Support for clustering and load balancing
- High availability for resiliency and failover
- Multi-tiered architecture deployment: no data in the DMZ
Immediate visibility and control
- Browser client to securely view and manage all file transfers
- Server logs of all file transfer activity
- Notifications of server events and completed transfers
- Receipt notifications alert users of late or missing messages
- Automatic archiving of all data and files
- Access to archive data for auditing and reporting
- Roll-back files and messages to previous versions
- Automatic retention and process replay
- Advanced analysis, reporting, and trending
- Alerts based on user defined criteria including those supporting SLA metrics
- Life-cycle tracking including views to subsequent applications/ processes
- Self-service access to reports for partners
- Define and orchestrate workflows and scheduling of file related processes
- Establish rules for alerts and notifications
- Integrate existing process flows
Integration with esisting infrastructure
- Use existing communication protocols, formats, scripts, process flows and custom programs
- SOAP and REST based Web Services APIs
- IBM WebSphere MQ and IBM Sterling Connect:Direct adapters
- Platform support includes UNIX, Linux, and Windows
- Virtualized platform support
- Syslog integration
Transformation of files and messages
- Data transformation for destination-ready file delivery (flat files, XML, X12, EDI, AS2, ERP, SWIFT, ACH, HL7, BA12, and proprietary)
- Transfer files using any supported protocols and messaging infrastructure: FTP, FTP/SSL, SSH/SFTP/SCP, HTTP/HTTPS, AS2, SMTP/POP3, IBM Sterling Connect:Direct, and IBM MQ
- Integration with existing middleware and business applications, such as IBM, Oracle, SAP, TIBCO
File and message security and integrity
- Tectia-ready offering support for FIPS 140-2
- Encryption & protocol rules (FTPS, SFTP/SCP, and HTTP/S)
- Storage encryption › Hardened server settings and OS independent security
- Antivirus integration › File integrity checking
- User and group provisioning, access and permissions
- Password policies, including auto-expiration for users
- Rules for IP and user lock-out and blacklisting/whitelisting
- Expiration rules for files and folders on server
- Simultaneous authentication against internal and external databases
Download the Progress MessageWay Datasheet (PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.